Last year I published my top 20 shots of 2013. Looking back on that selection, I am sure I would have chosen differently if done today. Every week I still review images from three, four and five years ago and I see great images I hadn’t notice before as well as images I thought great and are not so awesome after all. This year I traveled a bit less than previous ones, but I felt my approach to nature photography mature and grew more personal. With my book on Africa published in november, over 20,000 miles flown, over 50,000 shots taken and countless hours of reviewing and editing, this year was intense. Today I share with you a selection that will surely look flawed and weak just a couple of weeks from now. I tried to choose images that reflect a narrative and my pictorial approach rather than just “pretty” images. I feel this selection represents the way I think about art, photography and nature. Hope you enjoy them and please feel free to share your thoughts.Happy holidays!
20. Snowy Owl in Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY.
15. Female elk in the rainforest of Lake Quinault, W.A.
8. Snowy Owl in Lake Champlain, Vermont.
7. Antillean bullfinches and Yagrumo, Ebano Verde, Dominican Republic.
1. Tricolored Heron, Salinas de Baní, Dominican Republic.